Payment & Security
We want your experience of 4daewoo to be convenient and secure. We offer a variety of payment options and use industry standard security measures to keep your data and details safe. More details can be found below.
The contents of this website are the copyright of www.4ourhouse.co.uk, Connect Distribution Services Limited or other copyright owners and are protected by copyright law. All brand names and product names used on this site are registered trademarks or trade names of their respective holders. You may read and print only the material contained on this website solely for personal and non-commercial use.
By visiting this website you agree not to intentionally misuse it. This website may contain hyperlinks to other websites unrelated to us; we are not responsible for the content or practices of such websites. Service on this website may occasionally be interrupted and errors may occur. Use of this website is governed by English law and under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England.
Use of Website Content
You may read and print only the material contained on this website solely for personal and non-commercial use. You are not permitted to publish, store, transmit, show or play in public, change or adapt the content of this website in any way for any purpose whatsoever. Any content found to be being used for commercial use such as images or video will be subject to a minimum charge of £500 per item per month.
You agree not to adapt, alter or create any derivative work from any material on this site, or to restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of this site by anyone else. It is not permitted to create any link to or from this website without prior written consent.
Errors and Omissions
We endeavour to ensure that the information on this site is accurate. However, should an error occur in the pricing or description of a product that you have ordered, you will be contacted immediately and given the choice to cancel or proceed with your order.
Authorisation of Use
Any person is authorised to view the information, images and all other content posted on this website. We may modify the terms and conditions of use at any time without prior notice, and such modifications shall become effective upon posting on the website. We reserve the right to restrict access to its website and the content within. All users are responsible to review regularly the contents of the terms and conditions found on the website.
At times we may choose to offer promotional or discount codes. The use of such codes is restricted. Only one discount or promotional code may be used per order.
It is illegal to sell 'age restricted' products to people under the required age. We offer several 'age restricted' products on this website, including knives and solvents. By ordering these products you confirm that you (and the recipient of the product if applicable) are of the required age. All 'age restricted' products on this website can only be purchased by, and for, individuals aged 18 and over.
This policy covers only the website www.4ourhouse.co.uk. Any other websites which may be linked to by this website are subject to their own policy, which may differ from ours.
What information we collect and why?
When you place an order with www.4ourhouse.co.uk, we need to know your name, e-mail address, home address, delivery address, credit or debit card number and expiry date and your home and work telephone numbers. This enables us to authorise your credit or debit card payments, process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of your order status.
Your personal information may be disclosed to other businesses within CDSL and to reputable third party contractors engaged by CDSL to perform a variety of functions such as processing your orders, assisting with promotions or providing technical services for our websites. We require all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK data protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
In order to monitor the performance of our site we collect:
- An IP address to monitor site traffic and volume
- A session ID to uniquely identify you on our site
In order to fulfill any orders placed with us we collect:
- An email address and telephone number to contact you
- Name of customer
- Credit card and delivery address for security fraud checks
What are cookies?
We use "cookies". Cookies are a piece of data stored on your computer's hard drive which contains information about you. If you reject the cookies you may be limiting your use of some areas of the site. Our cookies hold the following information:
- A unique identification number in order to keep track of your order
- A unique order reference number to help identify the order as a whole
The information within the cookie is securely encrypted and can only be understood by our website. Cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website.
What we do with your information?
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order, to maintain guarantee records and to provide after-sales service.
- To carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to Experian Limited, or another credit reference agency, who will check details we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of that check to use in future security checks - this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions); and
- To comply with legal requirements
We are a secure site
We realise just how important it is to keep your personal and payment information safe when sent over the internet, so we take all the necessary precautions to protect your information and to store it securely.
Sensitive information that is transmitted to us online (such as credit card numbers) is encrypted and transmitted to us securely. You can check that you are shopping in a secure environment by looking for a locked padlock icon (Internet Explorer and Firefox) in the grey bar at the bottom of your screen. This will appear on any page where you are entering personal information (such as your credit card details). No other page will transmit information about you.
Just to make things extra-safe, we restrict access to all of the information you submit, not just the sensitive information mentioned above. Additionally, the servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Shopping Securely With Us
At www.4ourhouse.co.uk we utilise the industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt all your personal information including debit or credit card numbers, name and address. The encryption process takes the characters you enter and converts them into bits of code that are then securely transmitted over the Internet. In order to help safeguard unauthorised use of your credit or debit card, we check the security code located above the magnetic strip on the back of your card and also the address provided on your order with the address set against the card.
Verified by Visa and MasterCard® SecureCode™
When you submit your card details, our e-commerce system will request confirmation that the details provided are correct (as explained in the sections above). Most banks now include the "Verified by Visa" and "MasterCard®" "SecureCode™" virtual 'card present' environment. These are additional security systems which may appear as part of the final stages of placing your order.
If your bank uses one of these systems, you will be prompted to enter a password or code in order to proceed with your payment. The web page which prompts for this information is provided by your bank, and the information transmitted from this page is between you and your bank; it cannot be used or processed by us. As soon as the card/password is verified you will be returned to our website to complete your order.
When this page is displayed, you will either be prompted to enrol in the card's scheme if you have not already done so (you will be asked to create a password or code as part of the enrolment process), or if you are already enrolled, you will be prompted to enter your password. If you would like more information about this process, or to enrol on this scheme independently of our website, it is advised that you contact your bank.
MasterCard®SecureCode™ is a simple and secure method of payment at online stores, for which you will have a private code known only to you and to your bank. Your SecureCode™ enhances your existing MasterCard® account by safeguarding against unauthorised use of your card when shopping at participating online retailers. Every time you make a payment with these retailers, you will be automatically prompted to enter your own private SecureCode™ - just like entering a PIN at a cash machine. In seconds, you gain added protection while shopping online.
Verified by Visa Explained
Verified by Visa is a simple password-protected identity-checking service that takes the risk out of online shopping for both retailers and customers. Retailers are protected against fraudulent transactions and the costs associated with it, while customers can spend with confidence knowing that their payment details are safe.
The prices of products on this website are in £ Sterling , inclusive of VAT and exclusive of delivery. You'll find details of our delivery options and costs in the Delivery Information section. They are also shown when you place items in the basket.
The prices, offers and products on this website are subject to availability and may change before (but not after) we accept your order. We do our best to ensure that all information on this site is accurate. However, just occasionally, an error may occur. If we discover an error in the price or description of a product you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and ask whether you wish to continue with your order or cancel it.
Payment Methods Available
We accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards along with, Visa debit, Visa Electron and Maestro debit cards. We also accept payment through PayPal.
When you place an order we treat it as an offer to buy, and will send you an e-mail to confirm receipt. If we accept your order, we will despatch the product(s) to you, at which point we make a legal contract with you. Payment will be processed at the point the goods are despatched. We will send you an email to confirm despatch.
We are entitled to refuse to accept your order if we feel it necessary, in which case we will contact you as soon as we can to let you know. When you order you will have an opportunity to check the details and correct any input errors.
Provided your chosen product(s) is available, we will process your payment and provide an order confirmation number at the time we take your telephone order. We do not send confirmation emails to telephone customers.
During the process of accepting your payment we may use information received from your card issuer. This helps to protect you and us against fraudulent transactions. We will contact you as soon as possible if your payment details cannot be authorised for any reason, and give you the opportunity to pay via another method.
*Please note that prices quoted over the phone may differ to those shown on this website.
What are cookies? And why do we use them?
- To keep track of the items added to the basket
- To help identify the order as a whole
- To view visitor behaviour and areas of the site visited
- To monitor and run advertising and marketing campaigns
Overview of the types of cookies used:
Essential cookies are technical cookies that are required for the operation of our site. Without essential cookies our sites can't operate properly. Typically these cookies are used to support key functions such as the shopping basket and enhanced features like our sign-in accounts.
These cookies allow us to identify and count the number of visitors to our sites and to see how visitors are using the website. This helps us to improve the way our sites work and develop functionality to make shopping with us a more rewarding experience.
Our site uses a range of cookies for marketing purposes. Marketing cookies record your visits to our sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. Sometimes we share anonymous information about your browsing activity recorded using cookies with our advertising partners. They may use this information to advertise products that may interest you on other sites. Please note we don't share any of your personal or sensitive information.
Checking your settings in Internet Explorer 8 and earlier versions
- Locate the 'Tools' tab on the menu areas of your browser. Click on this.
- There is an option called 'Internet Options' on the list, select this option.
- This should open a pop up box with lots of tabbed options. Select the 'Privacy' tab from the list.
- Internet Explorer has a high, medium, low auto-adjust system for internet content handling. You can configure your own settings by clicking the advanced tab and ticking the 'Override automatic cookie handling'
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies, Medium or below will enable cookies.
Checking your settings in Mozilla Firefox
- Locate the 'Tools' tab on the menu areas of your browser. Click on this.
- From the list of options on the drop down menu, click on 'Options'
- There should be a pop up window appear with tabs along the top. Find the 'Privacy' tab and select this.
- You should now have some options for 'Tracking' and 'History'. Under the 'History' drop down menu, select 'Use customer' settings for history' if you wish to adjust your cookie settings.
Checking your settings in Google Chrome
- Look for the spanner icon in Chrome and click on this
- From this menu, select settings…
- Within settings you will see tabs on the left hand side. Select the tab called 'Under the Hood'
- When this page loads you will see a tab at the top called 'Content Settings' - select this
- This brings up your content controls including cookie permissions - select the option you feel most comfortable with
Checking your settings in Safari
- Locate the Cog icon at the top of your browser and click on this.
- From the list of options select 'Preferences'
- This should open a pop up window with several tabs along the top. From this list select the 'Privacy' option.
- This will open the tab page that allows you to control the cookie settings on your browser.
Checking your settings in Opera
- Click the Opera file icon in the top left hand corner of your browser.
- From the drop down list of options, highlight 'Settings' and then scroll across and select 'Preferences'.
- This should open a pop up window with tabs along the top. Choose the 'Advanced' tab.
- This shows you the advanced options. On the left hand side there is an option called 'Cookies' - click on this option.
- This presents the cookie options for your use on this browser.
If you have another browser …
Please check the help settings within your browser or use a search engine to find answers on the best way to enable or disable cookies in your chosen browser. Please remember we are not responsible for the content on external websites.
If you want more information…
You can visit the following website for an in-depth guide to cookies and how to control, delete and understand them. They even have a great recipe on there for cookies of the edible variety - yum!